|Home Page||Our Grants||Additional Support & Links||About Us||Contact Us||Publications||Upcoming Events & News|
Upcoming Events & News
Richmond Citizens Advice received £55,000 to pay for the outreach service at the White House Community Centre and a contribution towards staffing costs and rent for the Twickenham Office. This will support information, advice and casework for c.1,860 people in our area of benefit.
Integrated Neurological Services provides clinical intervention and holistic support for people suffering from a long term neurological condition (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke and acquired brain injury). Clients receive a tailored care plan. The aim is to improve physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, both for the client and carer. Our grant of £25,000 will support the Speech and Language Therapy Service, contributing to staff salaries.
Richmond Mencap will receive £10,500 to support a range of activities: the Holiday Opportunities Programme; Something To Say Theatre Group; and the Better Together Group. This will aim to achieve the following outcomes:
Holiday Opportunities Project
- Young people will have the opportunity to join in with varied and fun activities with their friends, enabling them to maintain existing friendships and make new ones in a supportive environment.
- Parents and carers will have the opportunity to have a break from their caring role, confident in the knowledge that their young person is safe and well supported
Better Together Group - People with learning disabilities will:
- have the opportunity to find out about, consider and discuss things that are important to them.
- be able to tell decision makers and/or providers of services what they think about what’s available and offer suggestions for improvement
Something to Say - Those who attend will:
- have the opportunity to develop their self confidence through self expression and the medium of theatre
- be able to explore some difficult and challenging topics (such as bullying and hate crime) in a non-threatening and (often) fun way
Embracing Age was established in 2015 to provide a befriending service to older people living in care homes in the London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames. Our grant of £9,500 will continue to support two staff salaries to provide a befriending service to improve quality of life to at least 100 older people.
We are now accepting fuel grant applications for our Individual Grants Panel Meeting in September 2017. The deadline date for applications is 25 August 2017. Following this, the next closing date for applications is 25 October for our meeting in November 2017.
If you are thinking of changing fuel suppliers and would like to benefit from our fuel grants please contact us before switching over. This is because we are unable to work with all the suppliers in the market. Currently we only work with the following companies: British Gas, Co-operative Energy, EDF, EON, Npower, Scottish Power, Southern Electric and Utility Warehouse. If you would like to know more, please call us on: 020 8941 7866.